Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Val's Day!

What’s the fuss about Valentine’s day here in Dubai anyway?
Everybody in my office is required to wear red. As opposed to Filipinos who are hesitant of wearing red on this day. People back home would even wear black just to prove the point (or exaggerate) that they are actually single during valentines.
Such a cliché.
I, myself wore a white tee with I d DANCING written on it. Of course the d is in gliterry red.
So that’s my share of red for today.
Of course, I added a red muffler around my neck (and it’s not even cold here). Just to prove the point that I made an effort!
After all the greetings and merry wishes, I realized that this is the only occasion (or celebration to some) that is shared by all (or most) cultures! Yes, we have Ramadan and Eid for our Muslim brothers/sisters, and Christmas for us. Then there is Diwala for Hindis… and Hannukah for Jews.
And Valentine’s Day is the only occasion we had to share, regardless of religion and not be selfish about.
So I guess that is why everyone is very cheery and excited! They made such a big deal about today.
Now I know why.
So Valerie, don’t rain on my parade! Stop being a kill joy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sucks when you're single :), huh?

Anonymous said...

val! post ka naman sa blog mo. sorry if i wasn't able to email you. miss you!!!

hunniebunch