Monday, December 3, 2007

Fitness comes First!

Lately, I have been attending aerobics classes at my local gym. We have a Fitness First near my house (of course, at the Dubai Festival City again). I enrolled last September and I’m proud to say I have lost around 15 pounds… Not too bad for a slacker like me who used to (?) feast on potato chips, french fries and fast food. Totally inactive and wouldn’t even dare use the stairs So even if my weight loss is pretty slow, well, at least, I’ve lost a couple and have seen results. My thighs and legs are firmer. And according to my mom, she thought my nose grew bigger (because of my now smaller cheeks hehehe). Fair enough.
Like I’ve said, I have been addicted on going to these classes. They are a lot of fun and makes me sweat too much! Here in Dubai, I don't go out in the sun too often when I have work, especially when every place is airconditioned, you barely sweat (unlike the humid Metro Manila). So it is really a treat to sweat (ewww…).
All thanks to my favorite instructor, B, who is a wonderful, wonderful motivator and teacher. He teaches most of my favorite classes that I go to. (Note: Frequency of class attendance by Valerie, is NOT related to frequency of B’s classes…u get my drift?). I DO NOT attend B’s classes only (not to sound too defensive here). I think I have found a new perspective in fitness (or whatever you may call it). I think, I’ve become more serious in working out (and getting my money and time’s worth).
The classes that I go to are as follows: LesMill’s Body Balance, LesMill’s Body Step, LesMill’s Body Jam, LesMill’s RPM, Swiss Ball, Yoga and Pilates. I enjoy all the cardio workouts like RPM and Body Step because I really want to get my heart pumped and lose weight. And I am proud to say that I can really do the step class pretty well. Hehe. I am such a nerd, even with these classes!
I always make sure that I have the correct posture (in yoga) and correct steps (in aerobics). I never wanted to let my instructors down. :) and I always make sure that my classmates would envy me because of my correct posture and breathing (such a geek!).
I also enjoy Swiss Ball among other things (also taught by B). It is such a fun class where you get to roll around (not really!) even if it means getting on top of this giant ball and do push ups!.
I never knew gym could be so fun!
Also thanks to this guy I will be calling Pretty Boy because he is such a pretty boy! I don't have a crush on him, but he is just so darn cute! He is a cross between Brad Pitt (in his younger years) and the guy from the boy band Blue. Hahaha. With blond hair and all the smiling. Sigh...

I know, I know... there must be a lot of reasons for going to the gym. Mostly, health reasons. And I believe I have more energy now... but hey, it wouldn't hurt to look at these wonderful, beautiful people! (and I believe most of them are gay anyway).

5 comments:

Vilma Bergstrom said...

keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hey Val... Keep it up, wish you all the best :) I am a member of Fitness First since October, and also managed to loose some 4kgs up till now :) awesome place, and after reading about those classes I am thinking of trying some of them :) thanks for the info :)

Again wish you all the best :)

Valerie said...

thank you aspartame guy! you should really try the classes. It is really a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

uy val! crush ka ata ni aspartame guy!! bwahahaha!!! -lele

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!