Monday, December 3, 2007

Cheese!

No this is not a food trip entry...
Sometimes I just love the cheesiest songs. Actually, they don’t seem so cheesy to me, but after some time, you’ll know that the lyrics are as cheesy as it can be.
I love 80s music (and early 90s) and here are some of the cheesiest ones but I just really love them (always on my iPod playlist):

1. You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive
-this song is one of my favorite 80s track. I first heard this on Adam Sandler’s movie The Wedding Singer. This song is played at the beginning of the movie, with Adam singing. The movie still makes me laugh everytime I watch it.
All I know is that to me you look like you’re lots of fun, open up your loving arms. Watch out here I come! You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round My spin class instructor also used this on one of our classes. Spin… how ironic (and how gay can he be).
I’m sorry but I play this song not less than once a day and is currently being played right now.

2. Love In The First Degree by Bananarama
-Only you can set me free, coz I’m guilty, guilty as a girl can be. Come on baby can’t you see I stand accused, of loving the first degree.
Oh my God. The entire song had this kind of lyrics. Title palang corny na.

3. I Think We’re Alone Now by Tiffany
-a classic! :)

4. Girl You Know It’s True by Milli Vanilli
-the song isn’t too corny, but the video is, which includes the infamous dance step…(oops I think I’m the only one who can still dance and sing to the tune…). I’m pretty sure everyone is shocked at the lip syncing thing back in the 90s which led to album refunds and lawsuits and stuff. But no matter what the controversy was at that time, I still liked them. God bless Rob’s soul (one of the members).

5. I’m Too Sexy by Right Said Fred
-Do I have to explain? I’m too sexy for your body, too sexy for your body, the way I’m disco dancing! How gay is that??? The music video says it all!
I think I remember they said they made this song to make fun of models and all those beautiful people sung from the point of view of a vain male fashion model (I shake my little tush on the catwalk) :)

6. Rock Steady by Kool and the Gang
-and we begin to rock steady. Steady rockin’ all night long… despite the lyrics, I still feel like dancing when I hear this. And I actually begin to rock, in a slow, steady way.

7. Barbie Girl by Aqua
-I’m a barbie girl, in a barbie world, wrapped in plastic, it’s fantastic. You can touch my hair, undress me everywhere….
Ewww?
All of Aqua’s song during this time is almost of the same beat. But it’s funky, and they’re on my Val’s Workout Tracks playlist on my iPod. :)

8. Ladies Night by Kool and the Gang
-another Kool and the Gang entry… hey, I love them! Oh what a night!
Actually, I’m more into the Atomic Kitten version (more for ladies).

9. Get Ready For This by 2 Unlimited
-I remember my Diko (2nd older brother) loving (liking is an understatement) this group back in the 90s and I believe, he is still playing their songs from time to time. I think we have a cd. :)
I remember this song from the movie Bring It On, where this gay/macho choreographer taught a cheerleading routine with this tune on Kirstin Dunst’s group. It’s so funny.

I am not saying that these songs are bad. I actually love them. And I think I have a couple more to add to these... probably, you guys have other songs to add?

2 comments:

Vilma Bergstrom said...

Jazz fingers - I always have to wiggle my fingers when I hear that Bring It On song.

Valerie said...

oh yes you're right! i especially loved the dance moves that the guy had.