Saturday, November 10, 2007

Food trip no. 1

I've decided to add to my blog my fabulous love for food... Good food, that is. I always dine out so I really look for food that is both healthy and good, while keeping in mind that it should be of superb value (reasonable, that is).
So for my second food trip, I should go with my favorite Grilled Salmon that I usually eat from Ikea. As you might ask, Ikea is one of my favorite places to go to... (I'll talk about Ikea on another post). They have cheaper food, great value and basically very simple and quick...
It's priced at 19 dirhams for the fish with steamed veggies and your choice of either gravy or white sauce (i opted for the fattening kind- the white sauce). And then I'd add some arabic bread and a bottle of good ol' H2O.
I just love Ikea and their food.

So for my second Grilled Salmon dinner, I just simply became a fancy eater... I ate at this restaurant called The Lounge inside a Marks and Spencer store, also located at the Dubai Festival City. So for a dish which costs 42 dirhams, this is what they started of with: 2 pieces of bread with some sort of marmalade. The bread by the way is freshly baked, and is still warm. I enjoyed it, really. Then they brought out the Grilled Salmon, resting on top of potato wedges (I don't even think it's an entire potato). It is about 3/4 inch thick (the salmon) and is so moist. I don't know how they can stay so moist and fully cooked at the same time, considering the thickness of the fillet.












Just wanted to make my money's worth by really cleaning up my plate! Did I mention that a bottle of Evian there costs 8 dirhams? Evian in Ikea costs only 3 dirhams. But hey, I paid for the ambience... (who ordered that darn ambience???--- like that Erap joke).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

val, keep this up! that ambience part just cracked me up.

Anonymous said...

Wow, simot..

Anonymous said...

Tita Val , sinulit nyo lang po ba talaga yung bayad nyo ? Eh mukang nalugi po yung restaurant eh .
hahahaahah . nang iinis lang po . hehe
:D

Valerie said...

kakarimpot eh :)